DevelopMENTAL Madness

Monday, January 22, 2007

Using a Vista Sidebar Gadget to Consume an Image Feed

CodeProject.com has several Windows Vista coding competitions running at the moment so I thought I'd throw my hat in and give the Gadgets competition a try. Mostly because they promised a Zune to the top 5 January articles and I didn't want to wait 3 months to win a prize. So I dug in and wrote an article on publishing photo galleries to a Vista Gadget client. The gadget actually allows the user to login to the public website and purchase photos they like.

http://www.codeproject.com/gadgets/SidebarImageFeed.asp



The process was pretty interesting, I enjoyed making the gadget and learning the technology - I don't think I'll be creating many more of these though. But it kind of wet my appetite for Vista. Maybe I'll throw my hat in for the other competition on the Vista API.

Labels: ,