DevelopMENTAL Madness

Monday, March 05, 2007

SQL Server CLR Integration Part 1: Security

As I mentioned in my last post I've begun investigating the SQL Server CLR. I decided after getting warmed up to commit to an entire series of articles and I've just finished the first one on security. I figured it would be the best place to start as I know it's an unknown for a lot of people who are either still considering a SQL 2005 upgrade or have upgraded and aren't sure what to think of the new CLR feature. In fact I'm willing to bet there are a lot of DBAs out there who won't give it a first look.



My hope is to influence some to give it a first look, while at the same time I try to dig in and discover what it's strengths and weeknesses are. Anyway, here's the link to the new article:



http://www.codeproject.com/cs/database/SQLCLRIntegrationSecurity.asp

Labels: , ,